Table Runner

This weekend I finished a new table runner. Initially, I was going to make it with Dresden triangles. I got the idea from Mama love QuiltsHere I cut and sewed the 2 rows, however, once I had finished sewing them together, I hated the way it looked.

I wanted the runner to have an ethnic feel to it, but because I had chosen so many busy fabrics, it was just too overwhelming.

Here is a photo of one of the rows, before I cut it in half.

IMG_4028

Not wanting to scrap the whole project, I decided to cut one of the rows in half, flip them around and sew white borders around and in between. For the binding I used one of the fabrics, the orange-green with the yellow flowers, this fabric is a batik from Mozambique. The quilting is straight narrow lines, still my favorite method of quilting.

I am actually very happy with the result, it´s colourful and bright, with the ethnic touch I was looking for.

IMG_4008[2]

IMG_4012[1]

Not quite sure what I am going to do with the leftover row, I might just cut it into smallish squares add some solids and make placemats, but right now I have a few other projects in hand so that will have to wait.

Thanks for the visit, have a great day!

 

Advertisement